- Updated virtual site trip for Echo Resources Yandal Gold Project
- Updated – December 2017.
Valuation Update – Yandal reserve increases to 856,000oz Au1 Video - Nov 17
- Echo has increase the gold reserve at their Yandal Gold Project to 856,000oz Au.
- We review this result and provide an updated valuation.
Orelia resource increases to 1.1Moz Au – Management update1 Video - Sep 17
Interview with Simon Coxhell, Managing Director of Echo Resources to discuss the recent resource upgrade at the Orelia deposit and the on-going exploration strategy.
Resource upgrade at Orelia surpasses expectations – Valuation update1 Video - Sep 17
Echo Resources (ASX:EAR) has increased the resource at their Orelia gold deposit to 15.9Mt at 2.1g/t for 1.1Moz Au (1g/t cut-off). This upgrade is the result of an aggressive and on-going exploration program across the company’s holdings in the highly prospective Yandal greenstone belt in Western Australia. Highlights of the resource upgrade include:
- Orelia resource – 15.9Mt at 2.1g/t for 1.1Moz Au (previously 5.6Mt at 1.9g/t for 349koz);
- 90% of the resource is in the Indicated category;
- Remains open at depth and along strike with further drilling currently underway; and
- Global Resource increases to 1.7Moz Au.
Echo also owns the 2Mtpa Bronzewing processing facility and associated infrastructure. This infrastructure will allow for a significant reduction in capital expenditure when a decision to commence production is made in the future.
Analyst Comment: This was an excellent achievement for Echo as the resource upgrade surpassed our expectations. What makes this all the more impressive is that Echo only took ownership of the Orelia deposit less than one year ago.
Importantly, not only did resource nearly triple in size (previously 349koz Au at 1.9g/t Au), but the grade also increased to 2.1g/t Au. This is important as Echo’s strategy is to only target ore that exceeds 2g/t Au when production commences in the future.
And whilst the company has stated they will not fall into the trap of commencing production without a sufficient mine life to support an on-going and sustainable operation (TSI estimate – 8Mt of ore / 4yrs reserves minimum), given Orelia will provide the base load feed for the Bronzewing facility, this resource upgrade highlights production will be likely to commence much sooner than we previously estimated (TSI estimate – 2020 first gold production).
Catalysts - Work on the reserve estimate for Orelia is underway, which we expect to be released in the near term (TSI estimate – 4th qtr). Whilst additional resource and reserve upgrades on the company’s other deposits are likely before the end of the year. We believe this should see the global resource soon exceed 2Moz Au.
Valuation: We have increased our valuation for Echo to $0.44 / share (previously $0.34/ share). The major driver for this was increasing our mine life assumption at the Orelia deposit (Current – 310koz at 2.1g/t Au vs. previous – 147koz Au at 1.8g/t Au).
However we note our mine life and grade assumptions are relatively conservative given that nearly 1Moz of the Orelia resource is classified in the indicated category. We will reassess our mine life assumption post the reserve announcement for Orelia.
Exploration update1 Video - Jul 17
Update from management regarding the latest exploration results from the Oreila, Julius and Wimbledon deposits.
Initiation Report9 Videos - Jun 17
Echo Resources is an ASX listed gold exploration and development company that has commenced an aggressive exploration program across their holdings in the highly prospective Yandal greenstone belt in Western Australia. Echo also owns the Bronzewing facility, including a 2 Mtpa processing facility, enabling a significant reduction in future capital expenditure when a decision to commence production is made. This analysis includes:
- Valuation, investment & risk assessment;
- Virtual site trip - Bronzewing project; and
- Exploration analysis.
Virtual Site Trip1 Video - Jun 17
Echo is the dominant tenement holder in the highly prospective Yandal greenstone belt in Western Australia, as well as owner of the Bronzewing 2Mtpa processing facility and associated infrastructure. This video examines:
- The advanced deposits in the Echo portfolio of gold asset;
- The three pronged exploration strategy; and
- The Bronzewing processing facility and associated infrastructure at site.
Julius deposit – History, geology & exploration strategy1 Video - Jun 17
Interview with Echo to discuss the geology, exploration strategy & highlight recent drill results:
- The Julius deposit is located 80km from the Bronzewing facility and has a reserve and resource of 68,000 and 335,000oz Au respectively.
- The project is a shallow, high grade deposit and will form part of Echo’s initial production strategy.
Orelia deposit – History, geology & exp strategy1 Video - Jun 17
Interview with Echo to discuss the geology, exploration strategy & highlight recent results:
- The Orelia deposit is located 8km from the Bronzewing facility and has historical operation produced just under 400,000oz Au.
- The deposit has a current resource of 349,000 oz Au.
- Also discuss the potential change in strategy for mining the deposit compared to the historical operation.
Empire District – History, geology & exp strategy1 Video - Jun 17
Interview with Echo to discuss the geology, exploration strategy & highlight recent results
- The Empire district is 30km South of the Julius deposits.
- The region was originally identified by Newmont before 2004, however no limited follow up work has been completed since.
Bronzewing – History & strategy towards production1 Video - Jun 17
- The Bronzewing project is a historical gold operation.
- Management provided us with reasons why the operation closed and how Echo’s strategy towards gold production is different.